Emotional support animals have certain rights that regular pets don’t have.
A properly prescribed emotional support animal letter can ensure that your pet can fly with you on an airplane at no additional cost. In addition, the letter allows your pet to live in a housing facility that generally doesn’t allow pets. You’ll also be free from paying any pet deposits for housing or monthly pet fees. Although ESAs don’t require any special training, they need to behave well, be calm and responsive to the owner’s commands.
“A letter for emotional support animal,
An ESA Letter, must be written by a licensed mental health professional.”
The rules are very clear when it comes to this question. In order to get a valid emotional support animal letter, it needs to come from a licensed mental health professional. This may include psychiatrists, psychologists, licensed clinical social workers, psychiatric nurses, licensed professional counselors, and other licensed therapists.
- Low Cost Letters – A legitimate ESA letter is written by a licensed mental health professional. These therapists and doctors value their time and level of education. If you find a cheap alternative, your letter may not be from a licensed therapist that can assist you.
- ESA Registration Services – Emotional support animals are not required to be registered. There is no governing body that registers emotional support animals. Airlines and landlords will DENY your “registered ESA” if you do not have a legitimate ESA letter.
- Instant Approval – A licensed therapist must evaluate your need for an ESA. You cannot be instantly approved for an ESA letter. It takes time to approve each individual by a licensed mental health professional.
If you’re already in therapy with us for a mental condition, ask your therapist for a letter. Your therapist will discuss whether a pet can help in your recovery. If they believe it can, you will get your emotional support animal letter in no time.
If you’re not already in therapy with us we can schedule an appointment where we will determine if there is a condition that will qualify you for an emotional support animal, and provide your letter same day.
Be Advised: These appointments can be up to two hours, and you may bring your prospective ESA but it is not required. The cost of using the Krumroy Group for your ESA Letter is up to two hours of evaluation and $499
- Mental health professional’s letterhead and signature, as well as date of issuance.
- Mental health professional’s license type, date of license, license number, and the state that issued the license.
- A mental health condition as listed in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.
- Confirmation that the condition is significantly affecting your daily activities and that an emotional support animal is a vital part of your life.
- Description of how the animal will help the condition. (though they do not need to perform a task specifically for your condition)
- “Prescription” or recommendation for an ESA.
- Your name and details about your pet (type, breed, name, etc.) is not required but may be included.